Is this a composite: No
Nikon D810
Nikon 70-200

2 stops Medium ND Grad
Polarizer

4 sec
f16

2 Likes

This is age definitely made me think. The stick definitely grabs attention and first I was torn whether it adds or distracts from the image. In the end I decided the mood would be enhanced without it. Subjective I know!

I feel that this image has a triangular flow from bottom left into the scene and the. Up to the upper left. The stick for me inhibits that a bit. I like the flow, texture and colour of the rest of the image

Joao, I really like this image. I MO the stick really adds to the image. i wonder if it was just a little to the right would enhance its staus in the image. The peaceful feeling of the sky and water is amazing.

This is clearly an exceptional image, as have been several of your recent seashore images. But Nathan’s thoughts made me think as well. Yes, stick is intrusive and this would be a fine image without it. But the stick isn’t ‘mistakenly’ intrusive. Rather it is purposely so. So I feel that part of the point of this image is the intrusive stick. It’s part of the statement. So from that point of view I like the stick as is.

1 Like

A beautiful image, Joao. I like the longer exposure here works very nicely. I also like the warm, cool, warm layering. Actually, I think the stick/pole is an important part of the image, although I do wish it was more to the left, leaning into the image. Excellent work.

This a lovely image Joao, the light and colors are exquisite, and your processing of the scene does them full justice. The yellow in the sky looks awesome. I agree with @Igor_Doncov , the inclusion of the stick clearly looks very deliberate on your part, and adds an an interesting juxtaposition of sharp reality to what otherwise is a soft, dreamy, almost abstract image. Including the stick does make a nice creative statement.

Beautiful, Joao. I love the serene mood and understated feel to the image. The stick totally works for me in this one. A great focal point, but by no means overwhelming. Excellent image.

Beautiful work, Joao. I am entranced by the array of subtle colors you show us in the water between the beach and the surf. A painter would need to apply many layers to achieve this effect. It seems to me that the stick makes sure that my eyes are drawn to that area of water.

I like this a lot João. It has a very serene and painterly feel.

Exquisite. Not much more to add. Absolutely gorgeous colour palette. The intentionality of the stick is evident and, to my eye, enhances the image. You’re doing wonderful work, Joao.

Thank you all for your comments