Wall series (updated, now triptych with 3 vertical images)

Image added based on comments:

This one no longer part of the series:

A while ago I visited the Svaneholm castle, and the very nive walk around the Svaneholm lake. When coming back to the parking lot I captured these images of the wall defining the parking lot.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/5.6, 1/2000, ISO 800, Olympus lens 75 mm, travel camera Olympus PEN E-P7, handheld - windy conditions

1 Like

I am enjoying the first image but not so much the others. The simplicity and structure of the first is a compelling composition to me.

Ola, what a feast on a parking lot.I like them all three. The first one the most. Super colors and composition. Well seen !!

Marvellous. Really. Although I might say that I like the first one best, I think that is beside the point. They are a series and the three tell a story that no single one can tell as well. I’d call them “tenacity and texture” because that’s my experience of them. Beautifully seen and presented.

1 Like

I love the old vegetation against the beautifully rugged old wall! A third vertical would make a wonderful triptych.

I’ll go on a limb and say the 2nd one is the best composition. I think viewers are turned off by the decaying subject matter. I think it goes well with the background.

I actually like the first and second one equally well. But I agree with Diane that if the goal is to present the three images as a collection/series (triptych would be a great way), then having a third vertical makes a lot of sense. Hopefully you have another comp that would complete a series of three verticals…

The other aspect of this that makes the third image too different is that in the first two images the rocks are more of a background canvas that lets the plants stand out. In the third image, the curved line of the rock has a lot more visual weight, which competes with the vegetation.

@Diane_Miller, @Igor_Doncov, @Mario_Cornacchione, @Ben_van_der_Sande, @Ed_McGuirk, @Kerry_Gordon and @Ed_McGuirk thanks for your kind comments.

To sum up the comments, this should have been a triptych with vertical images only. And now it is!

The new third image is a good addition to the series.

I hope you don’t mind, but here is how I might present the three images as a triptych (with this order).

1 Like