Water Smartweed

This grows in swamps. Low on the ground, often hides behind weeds and cattails. Image made 2 months ago.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + tripod

f/10, 1/100, ISO 800
ACR, PSCC

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Ravi: Nice find and a fine capture. Most of the time I would prefer to see the entire leaf or cut it off a bit more but this works for me as is. Well done. >=))>

A lovely capture! The colors are very well-handled – strong without being blown or washed out. Excellent sharpness and detail.

My eye longs to see the leaf tip. If it is not in the original frame, and your ethics permit (or just for fun) you might be able to add canvas on the right and see if content-aware fill would construct the tip for you. Sometimes it is uncanny in reading minds. If not, adding a bit more by cloning wouldn’t be difficult.

Excellent composition and presentation of flower. Another solution to the tip of the leaf hitting the edge of the frame would be to clone the leaf from the tip downward into a sharp point inside the frame.

I really like the presentation here with the opposing diagonals. Nice color contrast.

Thanks Bill, Diane, Patricia and David for your comments. I extended the canvas on the right and the top. used content aware to fill the extension. tapered the tip a little. Hope this works. In reality, the leaf extended another inch, so I couldn’t include it in the frame as it would make the flower head smaller.