Watson Lake: A Sheography™ Women’s Photography Workshop
January 25-27, 2019
Limited to 10 women - SOLD OUT - Please email Colleen for waitlist.
Calling all the ladies! Since 2011, Colleen’s all-women’s workshops have helped inspire photographic growth, personal development, wanderlust, and life-long friendships. And Sheography™ aims to continue that, to help women of all ages, backgrounds, and photographic skill become “the woman you were meant to be through the art of photography and adventure.”
Join Colleen and other Sheographers for an exciting women’s-only weekend photography adventure at Watson Lake near Prescott, AZ. While exploring this lesser-known wonderland of jumbo rocks and tranquil waters through your camera, you’ll have the chance to practice your photographic skills, exchange ideas with like-minded women, and let your imagination run wild.
The workshop will start with student introductions and an image review. We’ll follow up with a welcome dinner to fuel up for our early morning wake-up call on Saturday to photograph along the shores of Watson Lake. We’ll return to the classroom to review processing techniques to help us polish our visual expressions, then head back to different locations around Watson Lake for more photographic explorations on Saturday evening and Sunday morning. To wrap up the workshop, Colleen will facilitate an interactive critique session with the group to celebrate your individual vision and leave you with a brain full of new ideas as you head home.
In an learning-intensive, supportive, and small group setting, where pushing yourself to try new things will be encouraged, attendees will learn how to:
- Establish a unique, more personal connection with the landscape
- Organize the natural chaos of a scene into meaningful and clear compositions
- Present a refined visual expression through processing techniques
And you’ll have a blast doing so! Ladies will have the chance to ask questions, experiment, and get immediate feedback through a blend of classroom, field-based, and image review sessions.
Best suited for mobile, sure-footed participants who are capable of hiking up to three-miles roundtrip on relatively flat terrain while carrying their gear. Opportunities exist for spry mountain goats to scramble on the granite rocks for off-the-beaten path views, but participants will not be required to do so and can choose their own adventure based on their own interests and comfort level.
- Two (2) nights lodging at the Hampton Inn (double-occupancy; single occupancy available upon request for an additional $80–please request early!)
- Continental breakfasts (provided by the Hampton Inn)
- A welcome dinner and drinks on January 25
- Photography instruction (classroom, field, and critique session) plus handouts
- Expert guidance around Watson Lake
- Permits & park entrance fees
- Water and snacks
- An invitation to join the closed “CMS Photography: Workshop Alumni Forum” Facebook group
- Sheography™ swag!
- Transportation to/from/during the workshop (carpooling will be encouraged)
- Participants’ lunches and dinners on January 26 and 27
- Trip insurance (highly recommended)
This workshop is sold out. To get on the waitlist, email Colleen.
All cancellations must be provided in writing. Cancellations made:
- > 90 days prior to the workshop start date: A full refund, minus a $50 administrative fee, will be granted
- 89-61 days prior to the workshop start date: A full refund, minus the full deposit paid will be granted
- < 60 days prior to the workshop start date: No refunds will be issued.
If the vacated spot happens to fill prior to the workshop at any time, then a full refund, including the balance paid and the deposit minus a $50 administrative fee, will be granted.
There are no exceptions to this policy. CMS Photography strongly encourages you to purchase trip insurance to protect yourself in the event of unexpected circumstances preventing you from attending our workshops.