Wax Palms in Valle Cocora Colombia

The palma era or wax palm is the national tree of Colombia. All comments are appreciated. The image was taken in 2016.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Nikon D7000, 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 l3ns at 52mm. f10, ISO 400

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi Larry,

I can almost feel the tropical humidity by looking at this image. It provides a brief escape from a damp PNW winter.

For me the blues and cyan’s are a little too strong and the blues in the clouds are too cool being almost purple. I’d change the white balance to add a bit of magenta and a little bit of warmth. It also looks like you have some haloing on the ridgeline. My guess it’s from a mask which you may have created to process the sky differenty than the land.

Below is a rough of a direction I would take the image.

Larry, this is a nice scene, the tall vertical lines of the palm trees have an interesting look. I enjoy seeing places like this that I am not familiar with. I also like all the receding layers in the image, your composition is well balanced in this regard. I think the WB image is okay, to me it helps convey more of stormy mood. My only nit is that I wish that there was a bit more breathing room to the left on the the palm in the LLC. But overall this is a pleasing image, and it tells a good story about this place.

I agree with @Nathan_Klein about the processing and @Ed_McGuirk about the palm tree on left. Nice image.
:vulcan_salute:

Thanks, Nathan, Ed, and Michael. It’s interesting that you find the image crowded on the left because I actually cropped out some because of the large tree that I thought might be a distraction. I am attaching the image without the crop. I appreciate all of your input.