Weekend Dark Sky Workshop - Joshua Tree - Jon Norris Photography - May 7-9, 2021

Explore the Joshua Tree National Park night sky during this weekend workshop. Enjoy capturing sunset panoramas, learn how to photograph star trails and the Milky Way, and have some fun with light painting.

My workshops and photo tours cater to all levels of photographers, fitness levels and include classic viewpoints as well as some hidden gems. Immerse yourself in your photography, practice, and develop new skills while learning from and shooting alongside an experienced landscape photographer.

The workshops are relaxed and fun. They based on a series of practical lessons in the field using your own camera equipment with you setting the pace to make sure you get the guidance and encouragement you are looking for. Photographic workshops are a great place to refine your skills in terms of technique, composition, and lighting or to work on a new skill you wish to develop.

I will help you discover new places, improve your photography at the same time and make sure you are in the best place to take advantage of light and weather conditions.

The number of workshop participants is limited to no more than 3 to maximize your one-to-one learning/discussion time with me.

The duration of a typical workshop day will be between 8-10 hours – depending on sunrise and sunset times – and will include a break halfway through the day for a picnic lunch.

Activities include light walking (1-6 miles per day) on maintained dirt trails and pathways with your camera gear.

The price includes accommodation (camping), all food, park entry fees, and transportation to/from the workshop start/endpoint as well as during the workshop.

To maximize the opportunities to photograph the landscape, we choose to camp in the park/area that we are visiting. We will supply you with a tent, camping bed, sleeping bag, camp-made dinner, light breakfast, and packed lunch (vegetarian and vegan options available). If you prefer not to camp, you can book a hotel/B&B at your own cost close to Joshua Tree National Park. Contact me for details/suggestions on where to stay.

See https://jonnorrisphoto.com/workshops/joshua-tree-dark-sky-weekend for full details.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to PM or email me.