Weminuche Idyll

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any, especially composition and processing

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.!
1 Like

Striking color an light Cameron. Only suggestion I have is maybe a crop (4X5 or 5X7 format) from the bottom to eliminate the lone foreground rock. I like this a lot.

1 Like

That light hitting the mid ground and the bottom part of the mountain is just gorgeous. I agree with @Eva_McDermott about the crop, perhaps right to the bottom of that shrub. The subtle leading line works really well here.

1 Like

The more I keep looking at this the more I agree with the idea of cropping the image as I think it help simplify the image a creates a stronger composition. Other then that, I wouldn’t change a thing. This is a really great image!

1 Like

This is excellent, Cameron. That warm lighting in the central portion of the image contrasts beautifully with the cool tones in the clouds. I agree as well on cropping a bit off the bottom to eliminate the rock. Alternately you could experiment with burning it down.

1 Like

This is great Cameron, the light and composition is very dynamic. Your processing of the foreground area in shade looks very natural. I agree with the others about cropping the rock away, and my other suggestion would be to slightly burn down the highlights in the mountain and meadow. Something like this…

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback,
@Eva_McDermott @Adhika_Lie @Tom_Nevesely @Dave_Dillemuth @Ed_McGuirk

Here are a couple of reworks I tried with your suggestions:

I tried a version in 4x6 and one in 5x7, and am still on the fence about my preference. In the 4x6, I burned down the rock and made a slightly tighter crop to deemphasize it. I also dialed down the highlights a bit in the sunlit area in both.

Thank you!

Nice! I really like your new 5x7 crop.

1 Like

Beautiful light and scene. I am preferring the top rework both in terms of the crop and the processing.

1 Like