What ARE you doing behind my back?

Leica CL, DG Vario-elmar 100-400
Pearl-Spotted Owlet

1 Like

A cool pose and expression with superb eye contact. However, I find both OOF twigs a little distracting. On my calibrated monitor, I find it 1/2 to one stop too dark with a little too much blue saturation. Perhaps brightening it a stop would also eliminate the saturation issue. Still a pleasing image with very easy corrections possible.

The brightening is a good idea. On my calibrated Eizo the saturation looks OK, but a judgement call. About the twig, I’m not so sure… I’m from the school that is not so hot on this kind of manipulation :wink:

1 Like

Much better with respect to brightness, saturation, detail. Yes, I often get a little insecure about altering the environment by cloning and I understand your POV on this issue. But sometimes, my critical eye looks at an image that calls for changes to make it a cleaner comp.

1 Like

A great pose and angle, Jaapv. A very humorous image. You might play with adding a touch more light to the eyes, particularly the one on our right, but it’s quite effective as posted.

1 Like