What Are You?

One of my favorite images I’ve ever taken of a fox kit. This little guy was just as interested in me as I was in him. I shot this about three years ago.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM zoom, f/4.5, ISO 200, Hand Held. Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure, sharpness, NR, and cropping.

2 Likes

This is awesome, Terry! What a sweet little face! He does look so curious about you. So neat to be able to kind of interact with animals! Great capture!

1 Like

Thanks, Vanessa. I was sitting on a rock when I took that, and he checked me out for a few minutes, then continued exploring around as if I wasn’t even there. He was just too cute.

1 Like

What a cutie! The eye contact is wonderful. Is this a gray fox? I’ve seen Red Fox and Swift Fox kits but never one of these.

1 Like

Aww… I love it when they don’t mind your presence, they basically are saying they trust you!

@Terri_Barnett Hi, Terri. Thank you. Yes, this is a Gray Fox.

@Vanessa_Hill As long as I sat quietly, he was okay with me being there.

1 Like

Adorable! I’m jealous!!! This is one where I don’t mind the OOF FG elements. I wonder if the highlights can be brought down a bit, but maybe this is as far as you could go.

1 Like

I can see why this is one of your favorites. Great image of a very cute little guy. No nits here.

1 Like

@Diane_Miller Hi, Diane. I thought the oof elements actually added to the scene, in this case, but maybe that’s just me? You’re right about the highlights. I’ll work on it and see if I can pull them down a bit.

@Harley_Goldman Thanks, Harley. I appreciate your comments.

I just love the curiosity level of the kit.
I agree with @Diane_Miller about toning down the oof highlights.

1 Like