What It Takes To Get A Head

There was a single Bald Eagle on a salmon carcass in the middle of a small stream next to the road when I drove by. I stopped and very slowly backed into a parking space right next to the stream and because it was very hungry it hardly even payed attention to my vehicle. I had the 100-400 lens on the camera and it was very low light plus I was only about 15 ft away so I decided to quickly switch to the 70-200 f2.8 lens. I turned to the passenger seat, grabbed the other lens, quickly switched them, and turned around to shoot out of the driver side window just as more eagles started showing up to try for a piece of the salmon. Needless to say, I got a lot of shots of a lot of eagles but I particularly liked this one because it showed the head of the salmon that they were squabbling over. The eagle holding the head was apparently a young but very large female (noticeably larger) and the other two in this photo were probably males. They were trying to get a bite or at least a scrap but she was not very willing to share.

Sony a6500, SE70200GM @ 186 mm, ISO-800, f/4.0, 1/2000, hand held.

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.

Excellent action and sharpness throughout with f4…
Nice exposure and head angles to go with it.
Very nice…