What lenses for landscapes?

Hi, maybe its a bit late to joint the conversation, but IMO the lenses you carry depends on your personal taste and “style”.
I struggled a lot in which lens to carry when going out, but lately the only lens i carry are a 100-400 Tamron and a 50mm Canon nifty fifty. I used to carry a 24-105 but i never used it, i discovered i’m not a fan of shooting large vistas, most of the time my camera body is on the 100-400. I think my “brain eyes” see the world thru a tele lens ahah .
The 50mm f/1.8 is a great lens, even being so cheap, and gives me the ability to open the angle and lowering the DOF.

As far as quality of the glass i can give you the exemple of the 100-400 tTamron lens. Before i bought it, i tried the 100-400 Canon L mk2 one. At the time the diference in price was substancial, half the price actually. The Tamron is as sharp as the canon, smaller, and lighter, yes the canon focus very very fast, but to me that’s not a huge plus as the Tamron is fast enough and most of the time is in MF.

Long story short, gear is import, of course and sharp lens make a lot of diference, but are not key. More and more i’m learning that the most valuable tool of the photographer is the eye and patience.

And good that i already have nice high quality lenses, but the problem is that even those are replaced by slightly better higher quality then before, for example i have 70-200 2.8L IS MKII, so amazing nice sharp, better than my mk1 that i sold, now Canon have MKIII, should i keep upgrading always? i still have 100-400 MK1, not bad but it is no match to MKII which i can’t afford until i sell my MK1 first at good price or i just save long time and don’t spend much around to get that MKII.

The bottom line is, we keep thinking that lenses todays are very nice and amazing quality until those manufacturers deciding to produce newer and spread out charts of performance/characteristics just to make us believing that we need to upgrade again, so i don’t know for how long i can keep that, last 10 years i was unable to buy more gear mainly lenses, and i lost my job in 6 years which made things even harder now, and worse that since 4 years ago i got into astrophotography which use different level of equipment and that is another spend, so it is like i won’t have any new lenses either for landscapes or anything else, and i am not sure when i will think about my lenses are limited/lacking or i am good to go for more decades.