What's that Clicking Sound?

This little male finch perched on a bush it’s a dead bush that we taped to a shepherd’s pole to give the birds a place to perch not far outside our window). I shoot most of my bird pictures through a window, so try to provide them with a feeder, bird bath and a few places to perch. I just liked the way he was looking at me like he heard the shutter and was wondering what it was. All comments and critiques are much appreciated.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D Mark II, Sigma 150-600 mm C lens at 412 mm, handheld, manual settings (except ISO is auto), f7.1, 1/600, ISO 320. Edited in LR and Topaz AI Clear.
(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Excellent job on taming the red saturation in this house Finch. They do seem to enjoy making eye contact. He did a good job on the detail and exposure. The peach background is a little different; it certainly warms up the entire image.

Thank you, David. To explain the background, that is a field that, at the time was freshly cultivated and ready for planting. It was far enough behind him to be totally out of focus. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

This an adorable look at this little finch Shirley. I like how the bird’s colors are reflected in the soft red/pinkish color of the background. It’s great how you not only provide a perch, but food and water. . . nicely done. I think the little guy is also saying “thanks!”

1 Like

I love the pose, Shirley and excellent job on the exposure and detail. I don’t know what else you may have had in the vicinity, but I think he could use a bit more room all around.

1 Like

Shirley, the pose is great as are the details. The background is nice and clean as well as complementary. I’m finding it striking how sensitive birds can be to the shutter noise as I work from my new blind. Interestingly, it seems like the “local” birds are more sensitive and wary than are the migrating birds.

1 Like

Certainly a curious finch. I like the head on pose. A really nice job on the exposure as well. Nice and sharp.

1 Like