Wheatear perched on frozen mud

Description: This is another photo that I took of the Northern wheatear in Central Ohio. I was sitting in the mud and snow and experienced the Winter ambience of the scene.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 600mm f4 (1/800 sec at f8.0, ISO 200) Topaz DeNoise, Levels, Shadows & Highlights, Brightness and Contrast, cropped away 35% from scene for comp. I also dodged the subtle catch light in the eye and around the mask…Jim

Is this a composite?

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

A really good look at this little bird. A dandy pose and nice detail. Interesting how the frozen chunks it is standing on and the bit of open ice or water provide a nice complimentary color for the wheater. I might lighten the eye area just a bit. A small issue.

1 Like

Another really nice shot of the Wheatear, Jim. I like that perch and the head turn and you did a great job on the processing of the bird.

1 Like

Hi Jim, a fine catch of the bird showing a nice pose and good detail. I like the composition with the bird standing on the ice chunk and the subject is well placed in the frame. Well done.

1 Like

Hi, Jim. A very nice image. Good detail, nice perch, nice pose, nicely done!

1 Like