White Ibis tossing a crab

Seen recently at Ding Darling NWR, Sanibel Island, FL. I cleaned up some debris floating on the water.

Canon 7D2, Sigma 150-600 C, monopod
ISO 800, f6.3, 1/1250s

Any comments appreciated.

What a cool shot! No nits from me.

Hi Allen
The Ibis looks like it"s wondering how the crab got there. Is this a sun-up or sun-set shot? Nice job on the whites and reflection.
Peter

Hi Peter, the ibis seemed more intent at playing with the crab than eating it. This was taken shortly after sunrise.

Love the suspended crab and the reflection. I’d consider cloning out the black spot on the tail feathers. and bringing down the yellows a tad. Looks like some fearhers on the side are a little hot?

What a shot, Allen. Love that you caught him tossing the little crab (probably the crab didn’t much care for it). The lighting is sweet. Great shot! :+1: :+1:

What beautiful light to get this Allen! The beak open, tossing a crab - reflections
Enjoyed this a LOT!

A gorgeous early morning shot, Allen. The action is really neat and the Ibis and it’s reflection are great.

Amazing shot, love the way these birds feed. You really caught the right moment here ! Well done - no nits from this side of the pond. Cheers, Hans