Wild About Wildflowers…and Macro Photography (Tucson) with Colleen Miniuk-Sperry/CMS Photography and Paul Gill
March 30-31, 2019
Limited to 14 participants (7:1 student-to-instructor ratio)- SOLD OUT - Please email Colleen for waitlist.
Learn more at http://cms-photo.com/Workshops/2019Wildflowers.html
Are you WILD about wildflowers? Who wants to join the “poppy-razzi?”
Join the photographer and instructor dynamic duo of Colleen Miniuk-Sperry and Paul Gill, the co-authors/photographers of the award-winning guidebook, Wild in Arizona: Photographing Arizona’s Wildflowers; A Guide to When, Where, and How for a two-day exciting, hands-on workshop at Tucson’s Tohono Chul Park.
Aimed at taking your macro and close-up photography - and passion! - to the next level, we’ll balance classroom presentation, field-based exercises and practice, and an image critique session to help attendees learn macro-specific techniques. Specifically learn how to:
- Use a visualization-driven approach to identify a subject to help you record your personal vision beyond “just another flower” picture.
- Pick the best gear to assist in recording macro-style photographs.
- Control your focus and manage short depth of fields through aperture, subject placement, and focus stacking.
- Seek out pleasing lighting conditions in the middle of the day and modify the light to help strengthen your visual message.
- Incorporate effective solutions for handling windy (and no doubt, frustrating!) conditions.
- Utilize artificial backgrounds to simplify compositions.
- Tips on other notable locations in Arizona in bloom so you can put your new “poppy-razzi” skills to work!
Over these two jam-packed days, you’ll benefit from hearing approaches and ideas from two different successful photography instructors to help you polish your own style. You’ll not only have the opportunity to hone new skills out in a safe and supportive learning environment, but you will also create personally meaningful photographs to be proud of. And you’ll have a blast in the process!
Best suited for individuals who are capable of walking up to a mile roundtrip on maintained paved and graveled paths while carrying their gear. Because wildflowers in Arizona are typically low to the ground, kneeling and squatting will likely be required.
- Photography instruction (classroom, field, critiques) from 8:30 am until 4 pm for two days led by two professional photographers
- Entrance fees to Tohono Chul Park
- Water and snacks
- An invitation to join the closed “CMS Photography: Workshop Alumni Forum” Facebook group
- Transportation to/from/during the workshop
- Particpant meals
This workshop is sold out. Please email Colleen for waitlist.
Cancellation Policy :
All cancellations must be provided in writing. Cancellations made:
- > 60 days prior to the workshop start date: A full refund, minus a $50 administrative fee, will be granted
- < 60 days prior to the workshop start date: No refunds will be issued.
If the vacated spot happens to fill prior to the workshop at any time, then a full refund, minus a $50 administrative fee, will be granted.
There are no exceptions to this policy. CMS Photography strongly encourages you to purchase trip insurance to protect yourself in the event of unexpected circumstances preventing you from attending our workshops.