Windblown & repost

Repost based on suggestions from @David_Haynes @David_Bostock @Aref ….

One of my favorite spots to photograph. Close to home, (at least it used to be) , ever changing scenery through the seasons…

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Nikon D3400, is ISO 100, 450mm, f/32, 1/15 . Very minor adjustments in highlights and contrast.

2 Likes

Hi @Vanessa_Hill
This is a beautiful image. I love how you portrayed the movement of the grass with that shutter speed.
I like the horizontal lines of darker tones then the more ethereal and lighter tones (3 of each)

The one thing i would do is to lighten the dark spot towards the top center of the image or clone it so that it blends in better
And in the lower right corner one dark reed is poking in from the edge of the frame which pulled my attention. I would clone that

1 Like

Thanks @Aref for your feedback, I really appreciate it! I saw the small darker area at the top too, but didn’t know if it would be bothersome. I cloned it and it looks much better. As far as the reed on the bottom right, I’m not sure which one you mean as I see quite a few there myself! :sweat_smile: Thanks so much for taking the time to look!

Hi Vanessa. Wow, this is wonderful. The blur of the lighter grasses against the relative static of the darker reeds is very compelling. I agree with @Aref’s comment about the top dark spot. I think he might have meant the reed in the lower left corner coming out of the frame.

Awesome scene and terrific work, Vanessa.

1 Like

@David_Bostock is right I meant the one on the lower left :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much @David_Bostock ! I really appreciate it, I’m glad you like it! That makes sense that @Aref meant the left side, I definitely see that too. Thank you for taking the time to look and comment!

1 Like

There is so much movement here that I feel like I can feel the wind blowing through my hair. The darker, more static looking seed heads??? really offset the sideways movement of the grasses. This is well composed with the darker band along the bottom giving the scene a sense of grounding and then the alternating lighter and darker band running horizontally. There is one dark patch in the center of the frame that draws my attention and takes away a little bit of the light heartedness that this image imparts to me so maybe that could be dodged a little bit and the dark head poking it’s way into the frame along the Left edge. There is also a dark patch along the top edge that could be dodged as well. These are all very small little nits and I have to say that I really like the simplicity of this one, Vanessa.

1 Like

Thanks so much @David_Haynes I reworked it based on your and everyone else’s feedback. Does it look any better?

Well done on the rework, Vanessa!

1 Like

The rework is awesome, Vanessa.

1 Like

Thank you @David_Bostock and @David_Haynes ! Glad you like it, and it’s great getting feedback! I appreciate you taking the time!

1 Like