Winter Guests -second version added-

Calabris Alba. I think.
In winter these Arctic birds occasionally visit out coast . Yesterday I spotted a large flock on the beach near my house. These are very lively birds, always moving around flying and landing. It is interesting to note that one does not see the black in the wings when they are on the ground.

Specific Feedback Requested

Too chaotic?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sigma 150-600 DG DN on Panasonic S5.

1 Like

Nice one. You really need to click on the image to see the larger one. The smaller one doesn’t do justice to the image. Nice work.

1 Like

Sure looks like a good little flock of Sanderlings. They provide a some fun winter observations on our sandy beaches here in So. Cal. darting and scurrying to and fro checking to see what they waves have brought in. The top third of the image does detract from the tight flight pattern and striking colors. I would be tempted to trim to the second water feature ,and go with a even narrower er panorama.

1 Like

I (partly) followed your suggestion. An improvement, I would say. :slight_smile:

Yes, I am more locked in to the birds in flight with your crop, Jaapv

1 Like

Hi Jaapv
I can’t count the number of time I have tried take a shot like and failed, nice job. I do like the repost. You did a good job in keeping the for-ground bird in focus.
Peter

1 Like