Winter Trees and Grass

An intimate image of trees and grass in Winter photographed in soft light at the Wilson Wildlife area in Central Kansas. I am always attracted to intimate landscapes that show the beautiful textures, patterns and colors of grasses, trees, and rock This is one of my favorite images that I made in 2018

Fuji XT-2
18-135 f3.5-5.6 at 75mm
f/16, 1/20. ISO 1000
tripod

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
3 Likes

The blue and gold tones are delightful Stephen.

1 Like

This is really beautiful Stephen, the warm/cool color contrast is wonderful. I also like how you have included a secondary layer of trees in the background, it creates a sense of depth that helps a lot in this image. Nicely done…

My eye was drawn to this image straightaway, Stephen - great textures and beautifully composed arounf the three main trees in the fg.

Oh, I really love this. The colors everyone mentions, but also that wonderful light that you get in late autumn. It’s got a nice somber mood. You can almost feel the cold air on your ears as you trudge through the grass. Wonderful.

Stephen,

Great to see an image post from you! This is just exquisite, masterful and I echo the comments already made. Not a stretch to say this has hints of Charlie Cramer. The blue and gold combo is almost always a successful combo - and it is here.

Beautiful,

Lon

Thanks all for the kind comments. Lon: Charlie is one of my favorite photographers!

I can see why this is one of your favorites, Stephen. The large version contains some lovely details and textures and the blue/gold combination of colors works beautifully.

I can see why it’s a favorite! Really nice and subtle beauty.

You have to have an eye for this kind of intimate images. I seems that you have it and made this image full of amazing colors.

Stephen, all about this image is simply fantastic to me. I especially appreciate the juxtapposition of cooler and warmer shades as well as the structure with all its subtle details.

Peter

1 Like

I agree with what Eva commented. A combo that speaks gently.