Wisconsin River Bottoms

This is a picture I made in the late fall while on an early morning hike into the Wisconsin River Bottoms. I love the mystery of these river bottoms and especially when we have fog which happens quite often.
Canon 5DMK4, 16-35 F/4L

Please list any pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

3 Likes

Hi Nick,
to my eye you made a masterful use of the panorama format here. I admire and enjoy the fine balanced composition as well as your careful treatment of colors. Your image conveys the impression of this serene autumn scene immediately to me. I just imagine a large print of this photography!

Peter

Hi Peter, Many thanks for your kind words. As always so much appreciated. I do think it will make a nice print if I decide to do so. I enjoy these river bottoms very much and all the looks and moods they present.

I knew when I saw “River Bottoms” in the title it would be yours, Nick. Glad you are back on NPN. This has a quiet, still mood and I can feel the cool air. It is ordinary but extraordinary, a scene to return to over and over. Lovely work.

1 Like

Simple and awesome (shall we say simply awesome?) composition, tone and mood captured in this shot Nick. Well done!

1 Like

Hi Kathy, Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words. Good to be back!

Hey Dan, Thank You! Much appreciated!

I like the way you invite the viewer to wander in amongst the trees. A lovely image!

Margo, Thank you so much. I love this area and trying to make pictures there. Nick