Wyoming Wildlife 2019

The good news is that one of my images made the Photo Contest Issue of Wyoming Wildlife Magazine for the 6th year in a row. The frustrating news is that for 5 of those 6 years, including this year, I was awarded an “honorable mention” (4 yrs ago I received a 1st as well as 2 HM’s). While I am thrilled to have an image chosen from the more than 3000 entries, I just wish I could score a little higher! The other frustration is that I considered the chickadee image to be the weakest of these I entered but it ended up being the one published.

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.

Congratulations on the recognition of your work. Adorable chickadee shot.

Congratulations, Kathy. This is a very nice image. I like the feeding behavior, light and setting. Nice sharp details as well. Well done.

An excellent Chickadee capture with superb detail, Kathy! The vertical format works very nicely because of the plant and the seed in the bird’s beak is a nice bonus. I can see why this got the attention it did!

Congratulations on the award. I am often surprised with the photos the judges choose. Sometimes the one I threw in to just complete the entry ends up being the one shortlisted…you just never know. That being said, I really like this image! Especially the seed in his beak.