Yawn...green heron juvenile

Two of the fledglings were seen this morning out hunting. They took some time to relax as seen in these two images.

Canon 7D2, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 400, f9, 1/1000s, hand held

Any comments appreciated.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@allensparks.wildlife

1 Like

Hi,

I like both photos, although the first one has more impact. The sky looks good and both images have reasonable color saturation. The pose in the first image nudges it slightly over the second, but not by much. Well done…Jim

The yawn is hilarious. What also catches my eye is how the branch kind of mimics the yawn, at the end of the branch! Fun image Allen

Love seeing these juvies! Agree that the calling pose in the first image is my preference. Bird looks good and sharp, and that’s a great perch it chose. Light is very nice. My only two nits are that the bird looks like it could a touch more contrast, and I’d try to either burn down the weed to the right of the perch of add a slight vignette to the image to de-emphasize it.

The morning sun really bring out the Heron’s coloring and detail. Looks like you could spend the summer having fun photographing the group. They are both great shots, nice work.
Peter

Wow, Allen what an amazing poses do these birds strike for you. Wonderful shots. Great birds you have there ! Cheers, Hans