Yellow-rumped Warbler

7D Mark II, Sigma 150-600 C @ 516 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick, permanent blind and water pools with drips. The perch is the bloom stem of a giant camas. f/8, 1/640, iso 1600, aperture priority, pattern metering, -2/3 EV exposure compensation. Processed in LR & PS CC. I used Topaz Detail to enhance the textures in the bird and perch and increased the exposure of the bird with respect to the rest of the scene. I also gave the bird a slight saturation boost. The image was cropped to 14.8 MP.

1 Like

Nice, I like the pose and the background, looks like it was checking you out.

He is beautiful, Dennis, and you really captured him well. Wonderful details. I like the perch as well as the background.

Nice composition with the diagonal perch and enough space to the left.

I really like the delightful inquisitive pose and subtle lighting in this image, Dennis. The perch and smooth background showcase the warbler very well.

Nice head turn you managed to nab on this one Dennis.

Excellent pose, detail, perch, and exposure. The bird pops quite nicely against your smooth creamy background.

Lovely shot, Dennis. Good that you kept some space around this tiny warbler. Love the pose and the orientation of the perch. Well done ! Hans

Nice dynamic pose, Dennis, and good direct front lighting. The spread out legs and framing of your crop look good. He almost looks startled. Must be nice to have a setup and blind so easily accessible.