Yummy! + Repost

While at the Wild Gardens of Acadia, in Bar Harbor, Maine last summer, I noticed a flurry of activity in one of the trees. It turned out to be a pair of vireos (I think!). One of them had captured a caterpillar and thoughtfully handed it over to its mate, who proceeded to feast on it.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments and suggestions are welcome and thanks for viewing.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony RX10M4, ISO 500, f/4, 1/400s, 600mm in 35mm, hand held. Using ACDSee, I sharpened a bit and boosted exposure and contrast.

Nice comp and action but the green cast is overwhelming. This is basically an HSL adjustment but I could do better with the raw file. I would suggest you go back to the original and perhaps choose shade for the color balance.

Thanks @David_Schoen for that good suggestion and reworked image. I’ll have to take another look at that.

I love the detail and action, Jim, but I agree on the green color cast. If you go to the raw file, you can play with the color temperature and tint sliders and should be able to make it look natural pretty easily.

Hi Jim, really nice feeding behavior captured. A good look at the bird and the prey. Well done. Agree on correcting the color cast.

Did some more processing to clean up the green cast so I’m liking it more.

The repost is much better, Jim. I’m not sure what was going on-I don’t recall seeing that pronounced a green before.