Bassenthwaite lake

Evening all, as always I’d love some advice on this image before I finish with post processing and share it with the world.

This image was taken in the English Lake District where we are just starting to see some snow. The mountain (Skiddaw) is one of the biggest in the Lakes but unfortunately couldn’t be completely seen due to being shrouded in cloud.

I’d like comments on composition, but more so on PP to see if I can improve the image further. I have taken on board comments from previous images regarding leaving more room for the foreground interest within the composition and not going in so tight. If this is still too tight I can widen the crop slightly.

Thanks everyone, I look forward to reading your feedback.

Best wishes
Chris

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Well Chris, I see you had better light in the sky to work with on this one, as compared to the prior one of yours that I commented on. Your processing of exposure and contrast looks very good, the water and mountain are very rich looking. Your composition is very good, I like the amount of breathing room you left above the mountain, and around the left, bottom and right of the tree. Very nicely done !!!

Thanks Ed, much appreciated

The branch as a leading line to the mountain was a great find. Your post processing looks good and there is plenty of elements in the image for the viewer to explore. Thanks for posting.

1 Like

Thanks Patricia. I appreciate you taking the time to give feedback.

Chris