Beaver Dam Pond Pano

Image:

Description: For some reason this particular morning, I never thought to capture any images of just the colorful autumn reflections. It wasn’t until I had returned home and started viewing some of the files that it dawned on me. I particularly liked this one with the light mist gliding across the calm water of Beaver Dam Pond in Acadia NP, ME. I decided to crop off the bank and go with a pano for a more abstract look.

Specific Feedback Requested: All C&C welcome. Does the pano format work for you?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D800, Nikon 80-200 @ 200mm, f 16 @ 1/4 sec, ISO 200

1 Like

Ed, the calm, mistiness and fine mix of subtle colors makes this nicely dreamy. It would be great viewing on a hot, muggy summer day. While it would work well hanging on a wall, I find myself wishing that it filled my screen vertically when I look at the large view.

Ed- the use of the layered mist along with muted colors of the leaves gives this image a painterly feel. Really nice

Great find, Ed. on the wall with this one!

Thanks so much for the kind words @Mark_Seaver , @Paul_Hetzel and @J_Fritz_Rumpf . Glad you guys liked the image. I only captured a handful of vertical images that morning, but here is a vertical crop from another raw file @Mark_Seaver. More in line with what you were thinking?

1 Like

Ed, the vertical emphasizes the dreamy feeling very nicely. The original pano would probably do that as well if hanging on a wall, rather than running into screen size limits.