Center of Attention

Over the years I’ve learned, if at all possible, to not pass by these majestic old oaks

; too many times at a later date they’re no longer standing and have succumbed to the ravages of time. This is such an oak. I’ve passed this oak numerous times, never stopped, but not this time. The light and stormy cloud movement screamed at me to stop. The sun had just crested the Sierra smothering the west-side valleys with beautiful golden light; about two weeks later the tree had fallen.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Overall color, are the blues in the sky too much?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:

28-300 @45mm, f16 @ 1/4", 100 ISO

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Beautiful tree and wonderful light, Reno.

The light and the tree are definitely screaming, glad you listened! I do think the most saturated blue parts of the sky could be a little less saturated.

Glad you stopped. The tree is full of character and the lighting is perfect. Well done.

Beautiful scene and light. I would agree the blues look just a bit too saturated, but not by much. Sweet image, Reno.

Reno,

Oh My Goodness. The light on this classic oak beauty is just stunning. I even like the downed limb that tells the story of most of the disappearing oaks here in California.

I like the warm/cool color contrasts. This is just gorgeous. Wish it were mine.

Lon

Great shot, I love the beautiful tree, light and colors. I think I would decrease the contrast and the sharpness in the upper left sky.

A telling portrait of the California landscape. Really well done Reno.

Great image – well done! My only suggestion would be to darken the bright portion of the sky in the left upper area of the image.

Wonderful light and color. A very nice warm feeling portrayed well. I agree that the cloud and the left upper corner could be darkened a bit.

Thank you all for taking the time to review my image, it is appreciated.

This is stunning, Rene. The warm light on the tree contrasts beautifully with the stormy sky. I agree with the comments on trying to pullback on the blue saturation just a touch