Convergence

Seems it’s the season for stream images from the Smokies, so I thought I’d toss one in into the ring. I made this image recently on a trip with the family. Limited on the hiking we could do with a three year old whose size just graduated her from the back pack carrier, the only photography I could do was driving around the park and on short walks with her. But, it was a blast tooling around with her and her little toy camera, taking pictures with dada.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all are appreciated

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Two image blend for focus stacking and one darker one to recover the highlights with an exposure blend in Ps. Beyond that, just some dodging and burning to bring out the dappled lighting and such.

bolyard_photography

This is a lovely scene. The dappled light is sometimes hard to pull off but you did it well. I particularly like it on the roots. In fact, an entire image could have been made of just those roots, the darker water, and the light on that rock to the left.

I’m not sure why I can’t see the larger version. My sense is that it might be improved with a small crop off the left but I’m not sure because I can’t download the image and try it out.

1 Like

Adam, you did a great job with processing this dappled light, the LRC is especially rich looking. It’s a great foreground. I like how the river goes from left to right and leads my eyes to sunlit leaves at the top. The way you handled the color of the greens works really well.

My only suggestion for tweaks would be to clone away the dis-embodied trunk in the extreme URC, it’s a minor eye magnet.

I thought it goes from right to left. The right side of the river looks higher than the left.

I’m not sure why the larger version isn’t pulling up either.

Here’s one I cropped slightly to remove some from the left as well as the wayward branch in the URC.