Cypress Fall 2

Critique Style Requested: In-depth

The photographer has shared comprehensive information about their intent and creative vision for this image. Please examine the details and offer feedback on how they can most effectively realize their vision.

Self Critique

The texture of the trees and the colors

Looking for methods to improve texture of foreground with more blurring

Creative direction

As is seems reasonable le to me - but am open to other possible directions

Specific Feedback

any of the above - never hurts to see what others see

Technical Details

water is 6 seconds
Trees 1/13 sec - fortunately was still enough but could have used a faster shutter speed for the top and slower for the bottom perhaps

Description

Out in Savannah specifically for this - Cypress dressed in shades of red!

1 Like

Those ghostly blue trunks and their reflections are quite mesmerizing. I think I would emphasize them over the leaves. I would do so by cropping the top so that the waterline is right in the middle of the picture.

You have really captured this scene beautifully, capturing the blue light tinting on the tree trunks and branches which is a color contrast to the fall leaves. The reflection in the water is excellent, just enough detail there that it draws you into the image. Well done.

I agree with Igor Doncov advise that choose the trunks as the main subject dominating the scene by cutting the upper part of the leaves. For me the foreground is exellent as it is.
I am always charmed by these type of cypresses that grows in the water. We don’t have them in Italy.

I also agree with @Igor_Doncov about cropping so that the water line is right in the middle. I did a scroll crop and I love it. Beautiful scene. I think the foreground could be left alone. I like a little bit of texture.

I really enjoy this image. I think the reflection in the water is well executed at its current shutter speed. I am curious to see what it would look like warmer tones were brought into the highlights. I think that could help balance out the overall cool tone in the image. If a cooler feeling is what you are looking for then stick to what you have. Great shot!