Dickcissel singing post

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Color s correct, sharpness

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Coposition

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon M50, Canon EF 300mm F-4 + 1.4 xtender, Focal length 420mm
1/800 @ F-9, ISO 400. The post was used by several species of birds, but the dickcissel was the most frequent, but also the quickest to give up the post.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Nice sense of action with the singing pose and raised leg. Good detail and nice perch against a pleasant background. Maybe crop some off the left?

A really nice pose and lovely bg. I also would look at a crop taking the bottom left corner up and in a bit. I like the raised foot.

Hi John, a nice singing pose you captured quite well. Nice details on the bird and a pleasing background.

Thank you all for your comments. This was the first time I was able to photograph dickcissel in a good location.

Beautiful, John. That certainly looks like a well used post. The pose and image quality are exceptional. Excellent work.