Feel the Power

This little scene caught my eye while photographing along Lower Ammonoosuc Falls in the White Mountains of NH. The water flows were perfect and I wanted to capture the power of the rushing water and wave action. Hopefully I succeeded.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D800, Nikon 80-200 @ 80 mm, f 18 @ 1/10 sec, ISO 200, CPL, cable release & tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Outstanding, Ed. You have nailed this scene down to it’s essence. My only suggestion would be to brighten the water just a tad.
:vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute:

Ed, there is a very nice flow in this and the top rock is anchoring the image nicely. I agree about the brightening but I am also thinking about removing the cyan cast in the image. The LL corner is also a little bit of an eye magnet. I am thinking of something like this:

Ed, I think this worked out well in terms of emphasizing the wave action. There was so much water flowing that day it created a very different look than what one normally gets at this location. i do like what @Adhika_Lie has done in the LLC, and with increasing the luminosity of the white water. The one thing that continually amazes me about the White Mountains of New Hampshire are how warm the granite rocks are at many of these waterfalls, and you have perfectly captured that color here, this looks very true to life. Nicely done…

This is real nice, Ed. The SS is working well to portray the power of the flow and love the textures/colors of the granite. I like the rework by @Adhika_Lie. Fine as framed but I’m kind of wishing to see more of the background granite but not knowing what is outside of the frame you may have had some constraint.

Many thanks to @Michael_Lowe, @Adhika_Lie, @Ed_McGuirk and @Dave_Dillemuth for taking a moment to leave a comment or suggestion. Glad everyone enjoyed the image.
@Michael_Lowe: I tend to make my whites a little grey sometimes.
@Adhika_Lie: Thanks for taking the time to do a rework. I really like what you came up with.
@Ed_McGuirk: We did have some great conditions didn’t we.
@Dave_Dillemuth: Unfortunately I do not as I just did not think of it. I have another image which is mostly granite with a little water along the bottom, but I liked this one better.

Ed,

What jumped out at me was how the water looks rough brush strokes - especially in the left half and top area of the flowing water. Very cool. I really like Adhika’s edit - subtle but effective. I too had same concern with the bright color LLC. Easy fix there.

I like the intimate crop and the feathery texture and detail throughout. I’m kinda wishing the lighter spots of lichen (or whatever) on the top rock weren’t there or reduced some. But may be cloning out of your comfort level.

Nicely seen and captured.

Lon

I also like Adhika Lie"s suggestions. I could see this as a nature abstract hanging in an art gallery,