Finding a great location near my house

Description: Last week I finally got to check out a small nature area behind my house that I have been meaning to scout for quite some time. I didn’t think I would find much but was surprised to find a very nice area with many photo opportunities. I didn’t take my tripod so the pictures are not as good as I would have want them but going with this challenge I am presenting one of my favorites. I loved the shapes of the trees and tried to create the picture in a way to go from the highest to the lowest with the s curve road in the middle. The clouds added texture.

Specific Feedback Requested: I mainly struggled with post processing as the clouds seem too white and though I created a mask for them and tried to darken them, they still don’t look right.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Sony a7c, tamoron 17-28 lens, iso 100, 17mm, f/10 1/500 sec. Some post editing trying to shape the light.

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites) no

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.