Finding Inspiration in Your Fall Photography

Wonderful article and images. I’m a few weeks from a fall colors retreat to the Smoky’s so this was perfectly timed. Managing expectations can be such a struggle when so many of us have such limited time dedicated to capturing images. It can easily result in disappointment so I am glad you spoke to that. It is something I am always working on for sure!

1 Like

Thank you, Charlotte, for reminding us to notice and embrace where we are no matter the weather or conditions. Your photos are so gorgeous, each one of them. Perhaps in the future you could write an article on your post process decision making. You have a distinctive style and it would be interesting to know what you aim to do (if you can generalize at all) in your processing. Thank you!

Charlotte, I originally posted a reply prior to my trip to Glacier Park. The weather, as predicted was rainy, foggy, pea soup skies and sleet/snow for 4 1/2 days. I thought of your article many times, it was very helpful in composing some of my best fall images, and maybe more importantly, composing my attitude : ) for a very enjoyable workshop.
Thanks again!

@Alan_Kreyger, I’m very glad to hear back from you that my article gave you pause as you faced less than ideal photography conditions. I bet you got some great stuff!
@Kathy_Barnhart, thanks for the suggestion! I’ve written one article about processing that you might find useful. http://charlottegibbblog.com/lightroom-photoshop-processing-lesson-autumn-aglow/ . Let me know if that helps!
@Art_Hughes I look forward to seeing your images from your Smoky Mountains trip!
@Matt_Payne Sorry I missed you when I was in Colorado! I expect you got snow on your camping trip?
@Sarah_Marino It’s always a pleasure to hear from you! Thanks for taking a deeper look at my work. Your comments brought a big smile to my face!

1 Like

@Charlotte_Gibb - yes, my son and I got to experience a lot of snow where we ended up, but I was happy to make it back to Ridgway to record with @Alex_Noriega , @Jennifer_Renwick , @Ron_Coscorrosa , and @David_Kingham

3 Likes