Flyover

Not the most wonderful shot, but I loved the photobombing dragonfly because it provides some scale, showing just how small this little painted turtle is. Without it I may have cropped tighter, but with it I left most of the stump and the bent grasses for additional context.

Specific Feedback Requested

Does it work? Fun?

Technical Details

Handheld in the kayak which was backed up onto a log and stuck, CPL to reduce glare on carapace

Lr to pull down highlights and blacks, boost whites and shadows. Some clarity & texture. Topaz Sharpen AI for some detail. A bit of a crop.

1 Like

Hi Kristen, what a cool shot with the dragonfly going by! Colors are beautiful as well. I have to admit when, when I first saw the image I was like “wait, there’s a turtle in there?”. He’s just so tiny! I think personally if I was going to emphasize the turtle, I would go with a crop like the attached. I think it still captures the moment and has all the pieces, but lets the viewer acquire the turtle quickly. Totally depends on your goals for the shot though. I love the whole environmental aspect of the original as well.

Thanks for digging this one up, @Adam_Klaum - I forgot I posted it. Lonely little turtle. In retrospect I probably should have cropped a little tighter rather than showing the log quite so much. I do like the grass though so I’ll probably crop with the horizontal aspect if I get around to it. Definitely a tiny little one - could fit in the palm of my hand.