Forever Gone

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We discovered this abandoned mining site in Death Valley and the structures had been vandalized and the remains were picked over. This is what remains of the dwelling which was once the home of the miners.

Specific Feedback

any and all are appreciated

Technical Details

Sony a7RM3 1/3 sec F16 24-105 f4

2 Likes

I love how the layers recede into the image and how it is sharp from front to back. Nicely framed and well composed.

If walls could talk, the stories they would tell. This is a great shot, love the depth of it. Well done! I’ve yet to hit Death Valley, but it is on my bucket list!

I really like this image! The layers are just fantastic and your composition and crop emphasize them in a very good way. The colors are very well treated. I also like that you have managed to achieve sharpness from front to back.

I can only agree with those before me. Wonderfully composed! I can actually see silhouettes (people) in a couple of holes😊

Wow! This is amazing. It’s like a cave.

Looking at the thumbnail I thought it was something organic and in a way it is. Loving the layers and the mood. Being me I have to wonder what this would look like in monochrome, I think it would work very well with this photograph. Thanks for sharing.