Furry Fawn

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any/All

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any/All

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I spotted this little cutie in the backyard recently and I’m surprised at jus how HAIRY it is. I like it cropped in like this in an effort to show its abundance of fur. D500, Nikon 2-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, 1/800th, F/8.0, ISO 4000, 500mm, cropped to 2721 x 3092, AI Clear, PS to clone out a little junk in the dark BG, hand held

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I like all the fur, Dave, and the side light is cool, though it looks like there might be some hot spots.

Hi Dave,
Yes, nice show of the fur here even though some look over exposed. Wish for a head turn toward us.

Great fur. It’s the cross lighting that causes the fur to jump.
It’s also a good example of shooting in “orange” light, and trying to filter it out in post. Here I see a blue tint in the background and a green one in the shadow on the deer’s lower far right. I’ve found shooting in orange light always presents multiple problems when accurate color rendition is part of the goal. GL