ICM #1 Birch trees in autumn meadow (rework)

I have let this one rest for a while, but now decided to update it based on the comments given by @Ed_McGuirk. But I decided to take the image to the complete opposite side of contrast and saturation compared to the original one!

REWORK

ORIGINAL POSTING

We do not see that many ICM images posted. I think ICM is fun and creative and will post a few images of this type.

This first image show birch tree trunks situated in an autumn meadow.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

I agree, and look forward to seeing what you come up with Ola. I do some ICM’s myself, and one of the things I think is common with them is for the raw file to lose some contrast and color as a result of the ICM technique. As a result the image you have posted here looks kind of flat. I brought it into photoshop, and noticed that in Levels there was a lot of room to the right of the histogram. To add contrast, I simply pulled in the right slider in levels, and made more use of the full tonal range. To me this makes the image more vibrant and colorful.

@Ed_McGuirk, thanks for your comment and recommendation. I have now updated the image, but making the change very much more dramatic!