Laguna Fog and a repost

I missed the EP! I’ve missed a lot lately! Congratulations.

Wow Diane, this is wonderful! I just love, love looking at this image and letting myself be absorbed by the serene atmosphere. The edit is *perfection * (by the way, I’d never heard of linear profile before and will try it, being in the middle of quite a struggle with ACR profiles, which I’ve only just discovered…). I particularly enjoy the increased detail of the ripples in the water and of the sky reflection, is just magical! Interesting that you decided to fade off the top of the cloud where it meets the edge of the frame (matching it in the reflection as well). I think this succeeds in giving more balance to the image whilst, at the same time, focusing the attention on the trees. And it seems to me that you lightened the vignettes at the bottom whilst slightly darkening the top corners and the whole of the top edge as well? I like this, as it prevents the imagination from escaping into the sky, further strengthening the composition and grounding the attention. I could go on forever… :slight_smile: but that’s a fantastic shot further perfected by artful editing! Congrats on a magnificent job!

Thank you @LauraEmerson! This was an increasingly rare opportunity with the decreasing rainfall in the western US. I haven’t dug this one out to check, but I often do darker vignettes, especially top and bottom. I try to keep it just short of obvious, but that’s a difficult balance with effective.

Here’s some good information on linear profiles:

1 Like

Thanks @Diane_Miller, I actually read Tony’s article earlier today - his technical knowledge and skills are just mindblowing! Not sure how this will work out for my kind of images, but I’ll give it a try.

@LauraEmerson, it’s better for some of my images but sometimes one of the canned profiles is as good or better – or at least seems more convenient. For me, it’s another alternative for comparison.

1 Like