Laguna Sunrise

@Mark_Muller – thanks! Bear in mind it’s from 2005 (and my advice was back about then, too) and some things have undoubtedly changed – improved gamut and better calibrated monitors for one. I’ll reread it too and try to get back with any thoughts.

@Ed_McGuirk, I haven’t tried a Sat mask yet – I’ll have a look. I’m also wary of overdoing things.

I think this is only slightly over saturated in some very limited parts of the sky. That’s whats nice about the TK Saturation masks you can target some very narrow ranges of saturation, on a very localized basis, which doesn’t kill the saturation in the rest of the image.

A beautiful image Diane. And, a place I’ve seen before through your eyes.

The thread is a most interesting read.

Wowzer Diane. Does this image pop!!! You only got a sunrise??? Yeah, but what a sunrise it was. Most of this conversation is WAY over my head as I don’t understand any of it but I can say that I really appreciate the image you captured 16 years ago. Looks like it was taken yesterday with a modern day camera.

You captured an amazing sunrise Diane. Lovely mix of warm and cool tones and perfect symmetry.

Thanks everyone! I went back to look at the wider angle view of this and posted it above. I think I like it better but the lighter sky at the left edge needs to be darkened.

I agree. Wider is better.

The wider version also has my vote.