List view v. Grid view?

Hi Folks,
I am adapting well to the new site, which should be taken as a complement since I am getting older and less adaptable in general :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am seeing the value the different foci on discussion, critique, or gallery, and I really appreciate that move. It makes it much clearer who wants feedback and who just wants to share.

However, the only thing I am really missing is the grid view effect of the old site. It may be that, like other things, I will adjust and prefer the current model, but I always found the grid view in the image critique galleries as a helpful tool for scanning and finding what grabs me from the matrix of recent posts. In the current style, with a list of images and a preview of the op’s text, I feel distracted from a purely visual experience of selecting something on which to comment.

Perhaps this is better? Maybe it encourages us to go through the list image by image? Maybe it spreads the love more? But for me, photographic appreciation is an instinctual response to a visual stimulus that stands out from what surrounds it. That makes grid view more effective for perusal.

If this option already exists, and I just need to change a preference, please let me know.

Thanks for all of your work on this site. It is its own work of art, imho.
ML

Hi Marylynne, the grid view is something we hope to bring back in the future, but for now it is not option.

2 Likes