Looking for prey

Another shot of the Cheetah. She was watching an impala but the impala saw her and bleated a warning (Not sure that’s the correct term) so the Cheetah kept searching.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments are appreciated.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
D850, 70-200 at 200, ISO 800, f/11, 1/320th sec, hand help

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Steve, I am surprised that there are no comments. I really like this image. A wonderful portrait of a beautiful animal. No nits at all.

Cheetah is nicely placed in the frame and I like the head turn.
Ideally I would have preferred lesser DOF, any particular reason for using F 11 ?

Thank you for the comments! @JRajput, the reason I used f/11 is, well, inexperience. :wink: This trip was my first ever experience at wildlife photography, and mostly I was too caught up in the moment to think through what I was doing. After all, I never thought I’d be less than 10 meters from a white rhino, a pack of wild dogs, a leopard and cubs, a pride of 11 lions loudly eating their prey, or be in the middle of a 300+ herd of cape buffalo. I was definitely overwhelmed. The experience did give me a huge appreciation for the skill and artistry of true wildlife photographers such as yourself and others here on NPN. I do hope to get more experience in wildlife and avian photography and learn the skill and techniques (and patience!) needed to get consistent results.

Another beautiful shot of the Cheetah, Steve. I really like the erect posture that shows off those long legs and the lean body.