Mist and Rain

We had a misty rainy day yesterday so I thought I would try and catch some spring color at a prior location my brother and I had scouted out. The good part is this is only about ten minutes from my home. I wound up cropping this a little as the 80-200 was not long enough and I did not want to trespass on private property as a quarry owns the land. I did not bump up the saturation much as I wanted to keep the dreamy atmospherics.

As always thanks for taking a look and leaving a thought.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Nice and atmospheric image, Ed. Agree with you on the color. I would leave as is to enhance the mood.

Nice composition, Ed. I like all the soft colors, maybe just a bit more contrast from the darker trunks and branches, maybe not…just thinking out loud. Very reminiscent of some Impressionist art work. Beautiful Spring image, well done.

Great image, Ed. I really like the painterly feel to this shot.

You might consider a pano crop to really accentuate the wide perspective.

Congrats on a fine capture!

Really nice image. Colors look good and if anything, I might experiment with backing off the light brighter greens in the foreground and see if it further enhances that nice dreamy mood and feel. No other suggestions here.

Another great spring foliage image Ed. Good call on the restrained saturation. These spring foliage colors are by their nature more delicate and subtle than their autumn cousins. As a result, I think a gentler hand on saturation plays better with spring foliage. I like the composition a lot, the framing created by the trees along the bottom and right really does a nice job of showcasing the orange tree in the center.

I know your processing generally leans towards warmer colors, and I think that is very effective with these trees, the warm yellows along the bottom look especially nice. Overall this is a very pleasing image, and I enjoyed seeing it.

Ed,

I also really like this image. I love the colors and like how the telephoto compresses the various depths. I have been looking for a similar composition in my “backyard” but just haven’t been successful. You may want to consider taking the same shot with fall coloring.

Many thanks to @Michael_Lowe, @Stephen_Stanton, @ChrisNoronhaPhoto, @Harley_Goldman, @Ed_McGuirk and @pat2 for taking a moment to leave your C&C; always appreciated. I am glad everyone enjoyed the image as much as I did.
@ChrisNoronhaPhoto: thanks for the pano idea; I will be sure to check it out.
@Harley_Goldman: I will have to try that and see which version I like best.