Mock Charge

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Elephant stopped suddenly while charging, kicking off dust and dry leaves. and the elephant in background ws providing kind of cover to the charging elephant.

Specific Feedback

Any…

Technical Details

Canon 5D IV; 100-400 mm lens, ISO 500; 1/400 sec. at f 5

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

What a great action shot Jagdeep! They both look huge and threatening. The dust off adds to the sense of speed and power.

1 Like

Very nice Jagdeep. Love how the pose of front elephant is similar to the one in the BG. As Ed says, really nice sense of power of these magnificent animals.

1 Like

Jagdeep: very well seen and captured. Having seen similar scenes in Africa, I can easily imagine the sounds of his footsteps and the dust being raised as this young bull slides to a halt. The elephant to the left adds a counter balance and seeing the greenery in the environment is a big plus.

1 Like

Jagdeep, you’re so good with these dusty moments.

I love the addition of the second elephant. I think it provides a much-needed element to fill the left side of the frame (since the dust dominates the right side).

I think removing the one trunk on the right edge wouldn’t hurt. It’s the one tree that isn’t obscured, and as a result is a bit bolder and distracting. I also don’t think this crop would really get your main subject off-center too much (assuming centering it was your intent), so the composition would largely be preserved.

1 Like

Jagdeep, the clarity of the main bull and the glowing dust cloud are very eye catching, while the elephant in the back adds interest on that side of the photo. This looks like a 3x2 frame. Have you looked at an 8.5 x 11 crop, losing some for both the left and right.