Morning Glory

It was a glorious morning to cap off a workshop in the Palouse region of Eastern Washington! This was taken shortly after the sun had risen off enough to burn off the near- and intermediate-distanced clouds that had risen but still left a light haze, softening everything.

Specific Feedback Requested

I realize that I totally blew out the sun in the middle. I filled it in a little to give some cloud texture but didn’t want to go too far. I’ll be honest, though, I’m VERY new to grand landscapes like this and, while I like looking at it, I’m left feeling like it’s missing something. Anybody have thoughts about what that might be?

Technical Details

A crop of an 11-shot pano shot at 1/15 sec, f/11, ISO 100 on a Sony A7R IV at 100mm

I totally blew out the sun so I’ve cloned in some cloud texture. The right side turned rather blue as I panned away from the sun so added some warming.

Oops. The original was so wide that 2000px really didn’t provide much detail. Here’s a larger export.

yeah, that sun sure does dominate. Have you tried a stitch with just the land? That could work since that’s the area that has the most going on and where the backlighting is successful. In future doing some bracketing might help with this. Taking a shot for the sky and one for the land or even three if there is more dynamic range to deal with.