Mountains - A Closer Look #2

Critique Style: Standard

The photographer is looking for thoughtful feedback on the image as a whole, especially around the areas noted below.

Feedback Focus: Artistic / Expressive

About This Image

This is the second image from my new series “Mountains - A Closer Look”. I wanted to focus on intimate mountain views, leaving my comfort zone regarding a “balanced” composition in some of them. Thereby the sense of tension and motion should be emphasized, capturing the ongoing change in nature. The image shows a rock face in the Italian Dolomites, near Lago di Misurina.

Feedback Requested

All comments and critique are welcome.

Hi Peter,

IMO you succeeded as the motion and tension is evident in this intimate section of rock face you captured. I quite like the pastel tones of the rock as it seems to soften the hard rugged nature of the mountain wall. Was it snowing by any chance? I ask because the image seems to have this side to side motion; almost like streaking snow. I like this as is, but I could also see cropping off the clouds along the top making this more of an abstract. Either way this is beautifully done.