New tiled grid view for NPN

@Greg_Giesing I understand your points, and this was discussed previously here. We are a bit limited to what the software provides us, so this is just a better option than what we had before (most people think so anyways). Aligning the grid is a bit of challenge as you would have tiny thumbnail images with lots of empty space around them similar to the old site which is not terribly visually appealing. The ordering does get a bit wonky because of the way the tiles get laid out with different aspect ratios, but really do you need to know exactly when one image was posted over the other? This seems highly irrelevant compared to seeing a large preview of the image. There is no perfect solution, but I feel this is a great compromise that everyone will get used to over time. If your biggest concern is catching up with the most recent posts, you should try using the ‘New’ button to see only new posts since your last visit.

@Kathy_Snead the images are displayed in the order posted when you visit a category, they just read from left to right, next line, like a book. You may also find the ‘New’ view useful. If you want to see everything that is new, just go to the main categories page and click on ‘New’

@Jeffrey_Sipress I’m not ‘refusing’ to do this, it’s just the way the software works. It’s much harder to display a list of names in an efficient manner vs. an avatar. I kind of like that this is the only option as it helps prevent people just visiting photos of people they know and helps to not create cliques. I’d rather an image be judged on it’s merit rather than who created it.

1 Like