Not Speaking

Weekly Challenge

The Space Between
10/4/26 - 10/10/26
Critique Style: Standard

The photographer is looking for thoughtful feedback on the image as a whole, especially around the areas noted below.

Feedback Focus: Artistic / Expressive

About This Image

I’m not sure this one is legal as it’s actually a composite of two images. For several years we were feeding meal worms to the Bluebirds to get them accustomed to it in case of bad winters (sad story behind that one). I used to set up my camera before putting out the bowl with the worms. On this morning the male and female were perched on opposite sides of the bowl in a couple of nearby frames and when I saw that I couldn’t resist merging the two.

P.S. I just checked and I entered this in a weekly challenge in 2019.

Feedback Requested

Does this convey the sense that they’re on the outs with one another, at least temporarily?

Technical Details

Both images had very similar metadata. Combined in PS.

Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II
Lens: 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary 015
Focal length: 600mm
Shutter speed: 1/1000s
Aperture: f/8
ISO: 800

LOL

Wonderful!

huw

Ha! This is great. It certainly looks like they were not talking.

Love the colours and the background. You need to set up a perch there! Good job on the merge.

Love the exposure of the birds Dennis. Background nice and soft. Great idea of telling a story

Hi Dennis, I think this image say’s “I’ve got your back” It’s a beautiful, fun photo.

Alice

What a fun view, Dennis, well seen and captured. :laughing:

I Dennis

Nothing like photographing an old married couple. Very nice work.

Peter

Beautiful, Dennis. Excellent detail in the birds and the background is great. I’d go along with Alice’s interpretation. In my experience I’ve seen this pose on nest boxes, where the birds are keeping an eye out for interlopers(usually the violet-green swallows).