Old Apple Orchard Road and repost

Repost based on some suggestions.,.

I liked how the morning light was shining on the trees and road and making shadows.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400, f/10, 1/80, ISO 100, 70mm
Did some adjustments to bring out the warmth of the image.

apani.hill
1 Like

Is this the same scene as the ICM? I prefer this version. I like the country road, the shadow, and the tree on the right. It reminds you of how great country living is compared to city life.

1 Like

Yes, Igor, it is. It’s the same photo as the one I posted with the ICM just to show the scene as it was. But this one is way more processed to bring out the warmth and dreamy, nostalgic look it has to me when I see it. Glad you like it!

This is a very nice little scene that you have captured and post-processed in a very good way. I especially like the light. And you feel invited to walk along the small road and to investigate what is around the corner.

1 Like

Thanks @Ola_Jovall I’m glad you think the post processing looks good. I personally liked it but wasn’t sure how others would receive it. Thank you for your feedback and inputs as always!

Like the processing Vanessa, really adds to image. I would like to just sit there a while.

1 Like

Vanessa, I prefer this to the ICM version as well, the light and colors are wonderful, the image has a nice cheerful mood to it. In looking at the small version, I initially though that I wanted to give you the same comment as I did on the ICM version, that is, try to avoid including the sky. But upon opening the larger version the barn became an obviously important element that precludes cropping this to exclude the sky. I think a very slight crop from the top might still help reduce the skie’s impact. Maybe crop about halfway from the top edge to the roof of the barn.

1 Like

I love this simple and warm country scene, Vanessa. Peacefulness just exudes. I bet you just loved being there. I think I would have grabbed an apple and just sat down and enjoyed the moments. Beautiful.

2 Likes

A lovely image Vanessa. Calm, peaceful and delicously seductive. I want to be there.

At first I thought the image maybe a little overcooked, but when I opened the big version it didn’t feel that way. Just lovely, warm light. The content of the image is also warm and sort of homely. I like how the road comes in from the bottom edge, but I wonder now if you could have taken a few steps to the right you may have been able to catch more of that lovely bend?

1 Like

This is a very inviting nostalgic scene, Vanessa. The warm lighting is wonderful and I love the way the road draws the viewer into the image. I do like @Ed_McGuirk’s crop suggestion as that would reduce those bright areas of sky. I think I would have been tempted to pick an apple; if permitted; and enjoy it as I strolled down the road.

1 Like

Very nice, with good comments above. I have to add that the “horizon” needs some CCW rotation, with the same feeling in the bit of the building that is visible.

1 Like

This image has created a ton of nice emotions in its viewers. To me that is due to the subjest, composition, and colors. I wondered what it would be like with less road at the bottom and with some burning to coach the viewer’s eye up rhe road. Also tried to bring out the barn a bit and cropped a tiny bit of sky and rhs.

D356D301-8ECB-48AC-BEC9-C63FB8215594-01-01-03

1 Like

Thank you so much all for your feedback and comments and I’m glad so many of you like it! So @Ed_McGuirk I did a crop as you suggested, didn’t want to crop off too much as it also takes away from the front apple tree…and I did a slight ccw rotate as @Diane_Miller suggested. Honestly I think I like the original better but I’d be interested on your thoughts. As far as sitting there awhile @Mario_Cornacchione and grabbing an apple to eat @Mark_Muller and @Ed_Lowe , as long as you don’t mind sitting on the ground with me and inciting the farmers wrath! :smile: I think it’s interesting that both @glennie and @Dick_Knudson see the road as I was hoping to make look, as if it continues on! But actually that’s it! It’s not really a road. I think it’s more like a driveway. Where I’m crouched is off a road and then there’s the old barn and some trees behind it and another main road behind that! There’s only about 3 rows of apple trees and it’s surrounded by hazelnut trees which I think are more profitable. But this is one of the smaller orchards. I guess I’m surprised and pleased that I was able to make it look like it’s way out in the country when it’s not! :smile: