Parking Lot Tapestry # 2

Another shot from NH of some trees on the edge of a parking lot in Franconia Notch State Park. Luckily the pavement was sloped a little down hill so I could shoot over top of the cars and people with my 80-200.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any problem with the almost square crop? There was a tree right to the left that had most of it’s leaves blown off, so I didn’t want to include it.
:vulcan_salute:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Beautiful color! I would like to see more, either vertically or horizontally. NH sure seems like the place with the most color this year.

Thanks @Patricia_Brundage. Here is the uncropped version for reference.
:vulcan_salute:

Great mix of color in this image. Of course I’m always a sucker for red so this draws my attention immediately. I’m not bothered by the square crop, but would like a touch more room at the top I think to give the tree some breathing room in the frame.

Nice profusion of colors and lines. Your crop works well for me based upon what you had to work with.

I think the crop works well Michael. Gotta love New England autumn color.

Mike,
This is a great profusion of in your face bold color. Either version works for me, but I slightly prefer the crop as it places even more of an emphasis on that outstanding New England autumn color. Was this down by Echo Lake? If so you did a great job of eliminating those ski trails on the BG mountain.