Peek-a-boo!

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Dove Mountain, Arizona.
The moon peeks in and out of the clouds as color from an intense sunset lingers in the the fading light.

My first post in some years. I became incredibly busy with work between 2015 and 2021. Now semi retired and living near Tucson, I’m doing more photography than ever. Showing in a local artist guild gallery, and about to embark on the southern Arizona art festival circuit from mid October thru March next year!

Specific Feedback

Mainly interested in your initial response to the image. How the composition and perspective work or do not work. I utilize a pretty straight forward approach. Mostly I compose scenes as I would see them while standing there. If you feel like you are there, or could step into the scene, that is my goal. And to capture and share the things that I think are beautiful in my surroundings.

Technical Details

D800 ( you read that correctly!)
24-70 2.8
Probably an 8 second exposure, possibly 15 seconds at F/13
Polarizer

Welcome back Chris!

I notice that I can’t enlarge your image. Here’s what I have discovered at NPN. If you upload an image that’s larger than 3MB NPN will reduce it in size. I don’t know if that’s what happened to yours.

2 Likes

Hey Igor,

Thanks! I just uploaded my 1200 pixel web image. Not sure how big it is. It enlarges for me???

I recently made a new Facebook profile because I was hacked. So look for a friend request from me.

Thanks
Chris

Hey Chris, nice to see your posted image and updated history here. I think the last time we talked, at least in person, was near the valley tunnel in Yosemite with Lon one morning.
Anyway, glad all is going well for you these days. I have a long time friend down in your area of Tucson living in Rio Rico. He is into blanket weaving & woodworking items such as bowls that he markets out of shops in Tucson I think… :sunglasses:

Chris, welcome back. This is a fine “Arizona” scene with the mix of many armed Saguaro, sunset and moon. I think the lean of the cactus adds a touch of dynamism. I am wondering about how dark the tip of the central stalk is,\ and wondering about some dodging to just get a bit of texture.