Portrait of New Zealand Rainforest (4)

So its technically Spring here but I thought I’d join in anyway!

I thought it would be interesting to compare and contrast the colours and textures of the native forest we have here against the inevitable incoming flood of aspens and maples etc - the typical ‘fall colours’.
Feel free to download the higher res version (3000px on the long end) to check out all the detail and awesome intricacies in the moss laden branches.
Also I might note that the vast majority of native plants we have here are evergreen, they don’t lose their leaves over Autumn and Winter.

Michael, glad you joined in. For folks on the other side of the globe, I’m fine with either a current scenery (spring) or a 6 months ago (fall) scene. Similarly, folks in the tropics don’t see the dramatic color changes of Aspens and Maples, but surely see notable changes. The variety of colors in the larger view stand out very well. You’ve got a fine mix of green and reddish tones and a good sense of the trees cascading down a slope. I think the white moss, center left, could be burned-in a bit so that it’s not quite so eye catching. The largest view (click twice), lets the trunks and bare branches add a nice touch of contrast.

Thanks Mark, I agree on all points, the moss could definitely do with a bit of burning and I didn’t know you could click twice to see the high res version, thanks!